Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Christmas break from the normal

I thought I,d take a little break and post something Christmasy but not nail art related.

I had a party today and I'd like to share a recipe or two with you. Don't worry I will get back to nail art(I even have a couple Christmas ones lined up already) within the next day or so.


Pretzel Rolo Bites

A bag of Rolos( either the regular ones or the minis work. Although personally I,d get the minis cause they don't have the wrappers on em and it's sync tedious work to get those wrappers off)

As many pretzels as there are Rolos the square kind.

Pecans ---same as pretzels

What you do is take a square pretzel and put a Rolo in top of each one. Once you get them all done put it in the oven @ 300 degrees for 3 minutes or until Rolos are slightly melted. Then take them out and put the pecans on top. Then you go it! I barely have any of these left so they might be a hit at your next gathering too!!


Garbage Bag Candy

I swear this is better than it sounds haha:-)

Ingredients

Chex cereal(doesn't matter what kind but I end up useing corn)

16 oz jar of peanuts

Box of raisins(not the pack of little one otherwise you'd be there all day getting enough to make a batch)

Milk chocolate chips

Powdered sugar

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 stick of butter

2 garbage bags( you do NOT want to use just one.....trust me)

* optional: pretzels, marshmallows personally I prefer marshmallows but you can put in really anything you think would be good with Chex, powdered sugar, chocolate, peanuts, and raisins.

You take the chocolate chips , butter and peanut butter and melt it over medium heat. After that's done you take the garbage bags one inside the other and pour in the cereal, raisins, peanuts and any optional ingredient. Then close and hold it with one hand and shake it with the other to get everything mixed together. Then pour the chocolate mixture. Then shake it til it's coated as much as possible. Then pour in atleast half a bag of powdered sugar, maybe more, maybe less. It's up to you. Once they are coated with that they are ready to eat or bag up to give as gifts. If you taste this you may end up making a second batch like I do. LOL, one for me and one for others.

I hope you all enjoy these as much as I do. If you have any questions comment below or hit me up on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/nailingitbymystie

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment